Barak Obama vs. Hillary Clinton Presidential Debates

Presidential Debate CNN held on February 21, 2008 in Austin, Texas
These are my notes from the debate. I missed the first half and these are my impressions.

Obama keeps saying the phrase, "That's a debate I want to have." Come on man, you're in a debate right now, have it out!

Obama has said over and over that he wants to "Sit down with our enemies" and talk it out. But, looks like he is flip-flopping tonight. He just gave a one minute explanation that if you covered your TV screen would have sounded like a Republican Presidential candidate talking about his readiness to be the Commander in Chief of the armed forces. Too bad Obama never served in the military.

Obama just went off on Pakistan. Saying he would get in there and take care of business. What's he talking about? Getting the soldiers out of Iraq so he can send them to Pakistan? There goes his, I’ll talk it out with everyone stance.

Obama had 91 million in earmarks for Illinois. Illinois is 4% of the US population. I am not sure what the CNN moderators were talking about, but Obama told where those earmarks went back in June of 2007.

Clinton had 342 million in earmarks for New York. New York has 6.4% of the US population. Perhaps one is very effective or corrupt?

Clinton just said McCain supported the Bush tax cuts. Hilarious because most Republicans don’t think he does.

Question about leadership demonstrated in a time of crisis?
Obama – my life is one big crisis that I have been dealing with since I was a baby. The trajectory of my life tells me I’m headed right. Sorry about the drugs, I’m good at organizing people; I’ll give a government worthy of the decency of people.

Clinton – Everybody knows I’ve faced some crisis in life (she got a good laugh). She talked about the opening of the Intrepid Center and seeing the soldiers. Some walked in, some came in without limbs, and some came in on gurneys. (I was actually touched by her comments. I was drawn in and my respect for her grew a little bit. Great response – oh wow, she actually drew Obama and caused him to shake her hand. And now a standing ovation!!! Amazing.)

Concluding thoughts: Most of the questions went to Clinton first; this allowed Obama to position himself against her answers and allowed him to think about a response.

I think Clinton knocked this one out of the park. I am stunned.

1 comment:

Nathan Wilkerson said...

Today O'bama is claiming that Hillary plagiarism in her answer about crisis. The key here though is that neither Clinton nor O'bama are offering any new ideas. It is the same tired old liberalism of making a victim out of everyone in society (except the unborn that is). Case in point, "My life has been one big crisis...I've faced crises in my life, but I'll be fine." Basically, both of them were trying to say, "We're rich; we'll be fine. It's you peons that are getting the shaft by this President and economy. It's you lesser than's that are really facing the crisis. If you don't elect us, you're going to have constant misery." What they fail to acknowledge is the cycle of poverty that they keep the poor minorities enslaved to in our inner-cities. As a result, our urban centers are devolving into jungle warfare and tribalism with no hope of ever moving out of the project. Thank you liberalism you have succeeded! My only quandry is that I don't know that McCain can be a true conservative standard bearer that we need to raise up against this massive pity party! It ought to be an interesting Spring and Summer!