Fred Thompson Supporters Welcome in Romney Camp

Now I don't know about the rest of you, but I frequently visit the main website for each candidate. You know, check in on how things are going. McCain's website looks like an obituary (all the black and grey is kind of mortician-like). Thompson's website is all a stir with the news that Fred is leaving the race for President. Huckabee's website is having technical difficulties (quite a few dead links on the blog roll, not to mention quite a few people who no longer support him but can't get their site off his blog roll). Romney's site has a hilarious video of one of Romney's sons making a prank call from Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Anyway, my point is that most of the candidates have by now posted a complimentary statement to the effect, "Thanks for being in the race Fred". I couldn't help but notice how Huckabee still seems a little jaded and blames Thompson for keeping Huckabee from a win in South Carolina. I had a hard time reading Huckabee's statement with any sincerity. Honestly, if the guy would have listened to Fred's speech post South Carolina, Huckabee could have shut his mouth for a few days and instead of whining about Thompson's South Carolina run, let him retire without Huckabee's imperious blame.

I found however that Mitt Romney's comments were the best. He said, “Throughout this campaign, Fred Thompson brought a laudable focus to the challenges confronting our country and the solutions necessary to meet them. He stood for strong conservative ideas and believed strongly in the need to keep our conservative coalition together. Ann and I would like to extend our best wishes to Fred, Jeri and their family and congratulate them on their efforts during this campaign.”

I have to agree here with Romney. Fred Thompson told the people how it was. He stood up for his convictions and when he was ready he could put on a good show. I think because of Thompson's ideals that Fred supporters would be welcomed into the Romney group. As an economic conservative, I support Romney and had Thompson as my second choice. I've never considered McCain (I know he talks the political talk about cutting earmarks, but the guy has been there so long he owes favors to Clinton, Feingold, and Kennedy), I had at one point considered Huckabee (but I can't stand his tax ideas, and his I'm a better Christian than other candidates position).

Economic conservatives worried about the stock market, jobs, the economy, and even foreign affairs will recognize that Romney, with 25 years experience in the business world - knows how to effectively optimize departments, use economics to benefit our allies and hinder our enemies, to create teams that have specific deadlines, to use Ghant charts and project management skills to not only talk about things, BUT GET THEM DONE! With an MBA, Mitt Romney is a highly trained manager and knows how to get the biggest bang for the buck. He knows data analysis, regression analysis, and I believe he will use those skills to cut the fat out of Washington, giving us smaller government, lower taxes, and a healthier economy.

I invite all Fred Thompson supporters to seriously consider Mitt Romney for President. You're all welcome in my camp.

No comments: